Auto Injuries

Following an automobile accident, symptoms can take days to months to develop. In most emergency rooms and urgent care clinics, you will be screened for life-threatening injuries and released. However, soft-tissue injuries often go undetected. Be sure to be evaluated by a qualified healthcare provider.
In Florida, you must seek treatment within the first 14 days following the accident to be covered by your auto insurance's personal injury protection (PIP) benefits.
After an accident, symptoms can take several days to show up. If you've been in an accident, it is important to be evaluated by a healthcare professional as soon as possible.
If you are confused or unsure about your rights following an auto injury, you should contact a lawyer, or contact our office, and we can put you in touch with a knowledgeable lawyer. 
  1. Some auto accident injuries are hidden and not noticed for months.
    If you are involved in an accident it is imperative to be examined by a doctor trained in dealing with soft tissue injuries.
  2. Most doctors are not trained in the detection of these hidden injuries.
    Dr. Nick has had extensive training in dealing with the injuries of people involved in car accidents. He has had special training in MRI Spine Interpretation, Biomechanics of Spinal Trauma, Neurodiagnostic Testing, Crash Dynamics, and Triaging the Auto Accident Victim.
  3. What if my car sustained only MINOR damage?
    Research has shown that the amount of damage to the automobile bears little relation to the force that may be applied to the occupants. Accidents with no damage to the car can produce herniated discs, which may go undetected without being examined by a qualified healthcare provider.
  4. If I need treatment after an accident do I have to pay for it?
    No, your car insurance company will cover your medical expenses if you are involved in a car accident. Some plans may have a deductible that you would be responsible for. Our office will assist you in obtaining all the information you need.
  5. If I saw my medical doctor do I really need to see a chiropractor?
    You need a doctor who can focus on the treatment and diagnosis of auto accident related injuries. Most primary care doctors do not treat accident victims. Credentialed chiropractors, like Dr. Nick, are specially trained to treat these soft tissue injuries.
  6. Should I see an attorney before the chiropractor?
    It is very important to be checked out by a physician as soon as possible after you are involved in an accident. It is then up to you if you wish to seek counsel. Most attorneys offer free consultations if you are unsure of what to do next.